On Crafter's Market UK we like to give you as much control as possible. That's why within your dashboard, you have the ability to set up various "shipping methods" for different "shipping classes".
Before we get into the details, first lets quickly go over the different between shipping methods and shipping classes:
A shipping method is the type of shipping you offer. For example, you may wish to send your items out via Royal Mail First Class, Royal Mail Second Class, DPD or even offer Local Collection.
Shipping classes allows you to split your shipping method into price brackets. Usually it will cost more/less to ship an item based on different variables such as size & weight. Shipping classes allow you to charge extra for shipping accordingly.
By using classes, you're able to specify various prices based on a the shipping class you assign the product.
In the example above, I can specify that the large ceramic sculpture is £12.00 to send first class, whereas the small box of wax candles is just £3.00.
A quick visual guide:
- Navigate to your Dashboard > Settings > Shipping menu and select "Enable Shipping".
- Select your desired "Processing Time" and "Shipping Type" - In this instance, you want to select "Shipping by Zone".
- This will reveal the available zones (United Kingdom). Click "Edit" under United Kingdom.
- On the new page, click "+ Add Shipping Method" and select "Flat Rate" from the drop down and click "Add Shipping Method" at the bottom of the page.
- This will open a model box, under the "Select Shipping Method", select "Flat Rate" and click "Add Shipping Method.
- Click "Edit" under the newly created Flat Rate method
- This will open a dialog box with various costs assigned to a pre-defined list of shipping classes.
- You'll want to rename the "Method Title" with the type of shipping it is, eg. Shipping.
Further down you'll see the list of shipping classes. Fill in the costs you would like to charge for each shipping class (size of package). After you're happy with your pricing, click "Save method settings".
- You can repeat the process for each of your shipping methods (First Class, Second Class, DPD etc).
- You're now ready to assign a product to a shipping class. Head over to your "Products" menu and enter the product edit screen.
- Scroll down the page and find the "Shipping tab" and select the desired shipping class you wish to assign the product to.
- Save the product and test your newly added product (add to cart).